Tuesday, January 29, 2013

Irate Avian!!

Dear Debbie Travis,

While I was out Christmas shopping at a local "tire" themed store, my husband and I came across your artfully arranged display of Christmas decorations.  Something about the way that items were carefully aligned by colour and size spoke yelled out to me to wander through.   While we did not find the perfect tree topper that we were looking for (plaid? seriously?), I found this pint-sized darling:


This little adorable attempt at a cardinal is fuzzy and rotund and just the sweetest guy ever.  Even our cat loves him.


He in no way deserved what I then proceeded to do to him after we got him home. 

You see, I have this awesome friend.  Who does things like take me out to see the Broadway production Beauty and the Beast for an early Christmas gift, because I love Broadway and I can't even afford the back end of nose-bleed seats.  And then brings us back Hill Billy sippy cups as a thank you for baby sitting her cat while she was away for 2 weeks (yes, they are exactly what you think they are: mason jars with lids and straws - aka AMAZING).

And she loves that trade-marked iPhone game in which the players launch feathered friends at porcine invaders.

And Debbie, this precious cardinal reminded me so much of the cover bird of this game that I couldn't help but say out loud in the store how much they resembled each other.  And that it would just take a few minutes with some fabric (read yarn) and a glue gun, and they would be identical.  AndrĂ© thought it was hysterical genius. 

And so, I apologize.  I turned your beautiful delicate cardinal, this unique symbol of peace and love in Canadian Christmases into a creature that when catapulted at a swine will explode into a poof of feathers and take out the scenery.  He has been transformed into a non-trade-marked please-don't-sue-me

IRATE AVIAN!



Merry Christmas Christine!