Friday, July 11, 2008

There, see? I finally did it.

It seems that major changes in life lead to more changes and crazy new ideas. In the past 3 months I've passed my PhD entrance exam and gotten married. Now with all the extra time on my hands (since the planning and prep for both events had taken over my LIFE) I thought I'd start a blog.

For any and all that don't know me, I've been described in a variety of ways (not all kind, but it's my blog, so only the good here), including as the lab "google", and as a "rabid" knitter. It's true, my two passions in life are (apart from my darling husband and fantastic career as a science student) trivia and knitting. And when at all possible I combine any and all of the above (yes, my profs will tell you that I knit in class, and there is nothing better than a nice evening at home, drinking wine and sitting, knitting next to the hubby while we watch Jeopardy).

So, I'm starting a knitting blog. In fact, I was even going to call it "The Rabid Knitter", but believe it or not it was already taken! So the wonderful hubby of mine suggested cashing in on the "Whisperer" craze. Really, first it was the Horse Whisperer (movie), now on the National Geograohic Chanel is the Dog Whisperer (TV show).... Nothing is safe, Andre's favourite pasttime is sitting catching up on this week's episode of "The Wood Whisperer" (podcasts)!

In the time to follow I'll dig out and show off the projects I've started (some, there are way too many to post them all), some of the things I'd like to do, exclaim loudly if I ever manage to finish anything, and maybe, just maybe, if I'm brave enough, post a pattern or two of my own. In time I'll share other antics, like my soon to be attempted foray into the world of spinning. Once Andre builds me my spinning wheel. I may even confess to the occational crochetting adventure.

Any now, ladies and gentleman (cause really, the only guy I expect will be reading this for a long while is Andre, but please, let me know if I'm wrong), with this post I give you the birth of

THE WOOL WHISPERER

No comments: