Wednesday, July 29, 2009

There's a hole in my wallet!

Not much renovation progress to report... We took advantage of the dry and mostly sunny day to get some much needed supply shopping done. And not even the really awesome pretty stuff like tiles and granite (already bought and paid for), but the less exciting bits like lumber and plywood. And electrical boxes, and plumbing bits.

I've heard a few sayings about renovations, "always late and over budget" or "til death, or renovation, do us part", but there's another, much simpler one that I love dearly:

"It's not really a project until you've been to [insert local big box renovation store name here] at least twice"

Well, I've been twice this morning. And again later this afternoon. If When I go back tomorrow for something else I have to remember that the really friendly helpful guy in the plumbing department takes his coffee with 1 cream...

No comments: