Monday, August 4, 2008

Oh Baby!

Alright, I finished that really awesome baby blanket on Friday morning (16 hours late!!!). But it's done now. It turned out so nicely! Its one of my new favourite projects!! The pattern is deceptively easy, and it makes for such a nice piece once done, I suspect that I'll be knitting these for years to come.

Incidently, another knitting friend of mine has just started the same blanket in different wool, on larger needles. Hers is turning out a little softer than mine did, both because she's using softer wool (cotton baby blend!!) and is knitting on larger needles. I made mine a little tighter since I know fall and winter are coming and I want to make sure that the chilly winds stay away from baby.

First pattern details, then pictures!!

Yarn: Patons Beehive Baby 3 balls each Sprite Green and White
Needles: Bamboo (first time!!) 4mm
Size: approx 32"x24"
Same as pattern: knit with one green and one white held together
Different from pattern: CO140, 20 rows for first/last stst block, 30 rows for middle blocks (4).


Pictures!!
Folded in half (it was too big to get a whole shot with my not so great camera)
Up close, somewhere in the middle. The seed stitch border really helps keep it flat, and the garterstitch/eyelets are just so pretty!!

No comments: