Sunday, September 8, 2013

Wheels, but not the spinning kind

I'm up a little early this Sunday morning.  Something exciting is about to happen. 

Today, I am driving myself to work.

No, it's not the actual driving itself that's got me awake without excessive caffination, it's the what I'll be driving.

Friday morning, after weeks of searching, I picked up this:



My very own car.



Think I look a wee bit excited?  Naw... flipping ecstatic might be a better way to put it.

For a long time, we didn't have a car at all.  Then 5 years ago we got a truck.  It was a short lease, and the price was right.  But the freedom! 

Then we bought the next truck.  And then André opened his business.  So much for me getting to drive much.  And once I started working retail again, it was either walk, take the bus (more expensive, and since I'd have to transfer or walk half the distance anyway, I just walked), or hope that André could give me a ride.  And errands like groceries took forever or got delayed because he'd be late at work. 

Let me tell you, André is not a morning person.  Days like today wouldn't be too bad, but 5.30 AM is not a time that he's terribly pleased to be awake, let alone be in the process of heading home having already dropped me off.

Today however, I'm going to go and get my work stuff on, grab my lunch and my keys and drive myself in.  And still leave André the truck for his work this afternoon.

Who knows, I might even go yarn shopping this afternoon.  Just because I can.

No comments: